Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Record Keeping

I've been a journal keeper my whole life.  My mom gave me my first journal when I was about 6 (though for some reason I have a lone journal entry on a random piece of paper from when I was 5 and a half (below left - pardon the backwards "J's"!).

First journal entry on the left (5 1/2) and the first entry in my earliest journal on the right (6 1/2).
This early journal writing started a serious habit, as evidenced by this shelf of journals that hold all the records of my life so far:





















Since getting married and having kids, my journal writing has taken a complete nose-dive. I've written in my journal less about the last three years of my life than I have ever before (makes me so sad).  I've recently taken a few measures to remedy that and make sure that I get more written down, but this problem has made our blog that much more valuable to our family - it is our primary form of preserving family memories.  In light of this realization, I've decided to (annoyingly, I'm sure) go private once again for a variety of reasons.  So let me know over the next couple weeks if you'd like an invitation!  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Invitation please? I love your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Melissa--it's so fun to see your updates and I'm quite in love with Leah's babbling. Would you mind adding me to the list of 'can reads' again? Thanks! -- Steph Harbour (now Garis, which is still weird) My email is stephgaris@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love checking up on your sweet family. Leah and Dallin are so entertaining and funny. Please add me again when you go private: mercedesthedesigner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete