Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Memory Lane: Christmas Day

We had so much fun celebrating Christmas morning with my parents and my sister, Kristi and her family.  It had been YEARS since I'd celebrated Christmas with her (probably 20 plus years) because her family has celebrated Christmas on their own for some time now, so it was really fun for me to have this opportunity to be with them.  Growing up seeing my siblings' children playing with each other, I always looked forward to the day that my own kids would join in on the fun.  I lagged a little behind the rest of my family in this arena (as in most arenas!), so now all of my nieces and nephews are much older than Leah and Dallin (with the exception of a couple), so I appreciate that they still gave Leah and Dallin a lot of loving attention.  It was a small dream fulfilled to see my children playing with my other nieces and nephews :), and it was a beautiful thing for me to watch that continue through the week we spent with my family.
Leah and her Granddad 
Dallin and his cousin, Paige

Leah LOVED getting to know so many of her cousins

Playing with Uncle Clay and cousin Matthew

Cousin Brooke...she was so sweet to offer to hold and take care of Dallin so much

With Uncle John and Aunt Kristi

Leah got a baby doll that can take baths with her - a much loved gift! 

My mom's gift to my dad

Much of the Egbert Family

Mom opening our gift to her

Me. 
Christmas Family Photo (after one of the craziest hours at church I think we had ever experienced...we were up and down and in and out of the chapel so much with both kids, we felt like a side show).

Playing the piano with "Uncin Jonah"

Granddad and Granddaughter matching!

No comments:

Post a Comment