Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trip to the Farm

We were VERY happily surprised when we found out we'd have Dave's sister Liz with us for a few days this week.  She's been a huge help to us (we can always use another hand these days) and we've loved just being with her.  Today while Dave was at work, Liz and I decided to take a little field trip to a local farm with Leah and Dallin.  The sun was very bright and very hot, but we still managed to enjoy the animals as well as the "enchanted forest" this farm also features.

Meeting the goats - she wanted to watch, but leaned back into me the whole time, keeping herself as far away as possible.


I was taking a picture of Leah, Liz and a sheep when this nosy friend poked his head out behind me and nearly nuzzled Dallin in the head (I backed away before taking the picture).




"There was a crooked man who went a crooked mile..." The nursery rhyme displays reminded me of many night-time readings with my mom - especially this one and the one of the dish running away with the spoon.


A highlight was giving Leah a pony ride.  She kept her arm around my shoulder the whole time, but I think she enjoyed it.




2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see Leah discovering animals! Even though she still seems unsure of it all, I'm glad she has a mom and dad that continue to expose her to them!

    Fun to see these pictures and see what you're up to with your family. Thanks so much for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spending time with your sweet family!! Thank you for always making me feel so welcomed. I'm glad I got to see Leah's first pony ride!!

    ReplyDelete