Monday, August 8, 2011

County Fair

This last Saturday we all needed to get out of the house for a bit, so we headed out to one of the local county fairs for the evening.  I haven't been to very many fairs, so it was a novelty for me as well as an entirely new experience for Leah.  

We picked up some pizza for dinner and brought it into the 4-H contest show room (we were going to eat it outside but it started POURING...plus I wanted a little more privacy to feed Dallin).  I think watching the cattle contest was a first for all of us!

Leah was fascinated/scared by the animals.  She clung to me pretty tightly the whole time.

Making way for the sheep (I guess their competition was up next!).


The highlight of our time there was undoubtedly Leah's first ride on a carousel.  The cost to do it was kind of ridiculous ($3 for each of us), but it felt worth it - at least this once!

Maybe next time, Dallin!

She loved it!

This was her expression almost the entire ride

Our intention was to have more of the fair in the background for our family picture, but again, when you're asking a total stranger to take it, you can only be so picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment