Saturday, August 13, 2011

The piano again

This week I sat down at the piano to practice a solo piece I would be playing in Sacrament Meeting and quickly learned I wasn't going to get any good practicing done with Leah around - unless I was okay with playing while she sat, crying at my feet, begging to be lifted up so she could participate with me.  I could only take it so long and finally brought her up with me.  After a few minutes, I got tired of playing, but Leah had no inclination to stop, so I left her on the bench.  She played on the piano nearly 15 minutes by herself (after having played at least that same amount of time while on my lap), and was very upset when Dave and I finally pulled her away (see pictures below).  Photos compliments of Dave - I loved some of the angles he got...my heart melts seeing those tiny, chubby hands on the piano keys.


I hope she doesn't get upset with me someday for posting pictures of her in just a diaper.
















Heart melting.  I LOVE those hands.


Not staged...she did NOT want to leave the piano.

Totally staged...Dave had so much fun taking the first one of him pulling her away from the piano, he wanted to do it again.

It took Leah a few minutes to recover from being pulled from the piano.



I did actually comfort her in her misery...I just took pictures of it first.

4 comments:

  1. Okay so I know I have said this before but these REALLY are my favorites!! I feel like I am totally there watching this happen. The pictures are really beautiful and I think she will be nothing but grateful you took them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first sad face made me want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I would just mention again how much I love these pictures. Frank and I look at them pretty much every day (sometimes a few times a day!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would actually make an awesome "guilt story" for when you're trying to get her to practice the piano for like 30 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete