Sunday, June 24, 2012

More pool attempts

I am working really hard to make pool time a fun family activity, however Dallin is putting up the fight. I'm not so sure it's the water temperature anymore, because he protests even if he's sitting in the pool with no water in it.  It's so puzzling...he really loves the bath and there's not a lot that he's afraid of, so who knows what's going on in his baby mind.
Here's Dallin, refusing to be comforted :(.  My friend, Sharon brought her little boy Kamden to swim with us. I think Kamden enjoyed the whole thing better than anyone else!
So after a bit of crying, I pulled Dallin over to the towels to relax in the (very bright, very hot) sun.  Leah just liked being able to travel in and out of the pool as she pleased.  And Kamden splashed and splashed and splashed.
Where's your sense of adventure, Dallin!?!
After awhile Dallin got tired of the towels and he crawled across the grass to play in the weeds on the other side of the yard.  Nice. 

Leah kept trying to drink from the little water spouts coming out of the side bumpers of the pool.



My cute girl.

I even put on my own swimming suit and got in the pool to try to coax Dallin to come enjoy the water with me.  Totally unsuccessful.
He did come test out the water sprinklers.  Baby steps!  


And Kamden's still loving it, all by himself! 
Again, no luck.  That's okay, Dallin...maybe some other time!

MUCH happier now! 
Trying out the slide (it doesn't slide very well, but she does like climbing on it).
"Sheeze!"
   
Yet another attempt a few days later.  Note: Leah in pool.  Dallin not in pool.  Not much has changed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh such cute kids. That is so funny that Dallin doesn't like the kiddie pool. We bought one, just haven't brought it outside yet, Emma is just enjoying playing with it inside, which is fine by me 'cause I am not motivated to go outside being pregnant and it being 90+ everyday. Did Dallin like playing in the big pool when you guys went swimming on your little vacation? That's kind of cute....

    ReplyDelete