Monday, June 18, 2012

DC

  A couple of Saturdays ago, we met up with my cousin and his wife and daughter in DC.  It was our first time taking both kids in on the metro and we picked kind of a measly day to do it.  Not only were there repair delays (not very uncommon), but there was also a huge girl scout jamboree on the mall.  They were trying to set a world record for having the most girl scouts in one place, so the metro was insane.  We (well, I) was VERY close to turning around and going home, but Dave encouraged me to stick it out and I'm glad he did.  We really had a great day with the kids and my cousin's family.
The mall is nice because there's so much area open to exploration for Leah.  And she took full advantage of it!  It was very hard to get her to pause for anything.
Here I am trying to take the first photo.  She would not stay put.  
Ever since she pulled that suitcase on wheels on our Memorial Day Weekend trip, she has been dragging her bags around on the ground as if they have wheels.
Leah LOVED the carousel (though this picture doesn't show it).

But this picture shows how much she loved it! 
She was obviously very disappointed when it ended (is it bad that I'm smiling while my daughter is so distraught?).

...and so does this one! 

Eliza was so sweet with Dallin (I just realized this is the only picture I have of Dallin from that day!).

There's something I like about this picture...maybe because our very independent, confident girl looks so small and vulnerable.
  
Aaaand she's back to the confident independence.
Our next stop was the fountain next to the sculpture gardens.  It was a pretty hot day, so it felt so nice to spend time eating our sandwiches and soaking our feet in the cool water.



  

Thank you so much to Jen, Tyler and Eliza for such a fun day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, we went the same day. I feel for you guys. It was crazy out there. So crazy, we came home earlier than planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pictures of the two little girls sitting at the fountain - so cute! I can't believe how grown up Leah is looking. Now that my brother is in Baltimore I have another excuse to come out your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the pictures of Leah with her little cousin are so adorable. It looks like Leah loves carousels as much as her aunt Liz does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, I saw that you went the same day...I was going to say something to you about that! Melissa, your brother lives out here?!?! You need to come visit now!! I know you just came like 8 months ago, but we sure would love a visitor sometime soon :)

    And Liz...I sure wish you guys were staying closer so you could bring your little girl down to ride carousels with Leah :(

    ReplyDelete