Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mini Air Show

Dave came home from work on Friday with a gleam in his eye, asking if we had any plans for Saturday morning.  When I told him no, he excitedly began talking about this small air show going on a few minutes from our house...and by "small" he was talking about model airplanes.  I was skeptical as to how fun it could be, but agreed.  And guess what?!  It was a ton of fun.  The planes weren't quite as small as I was picturing - they were actually pretty large remote control planes and the tricks they could do were amazing.
It was a great atmosphere for Leah because she was somewhat free to roam, and the crowd was small enough that she could see everything going on. 
This jet was the first one that we saw.  It was amazing...it could fly at speeds up to 200 miles an hour!


This was one of three airplanes from the World War II era.  They all flew at the same time and even did some flying formations - a difficult thing for three different people controlling their planes by remote control. 
  
This was the biggest airplane we saw and it did trick after trick after trick.  The most repeated trick was hovering in one spot as seen in the picture above.
  
Even Dallin got to roam around quite a bit instead of being stuck in the stroller like he usually is.  And he took full advantage!


I don't love these next few pictures of me (I didn't do my hair that morning because I was going to get it cut that afternoon), but I love how Dallin snuggled up to my face when I leaned in for a picture with him.  He's such a cuddle-bug!



So thank you Dave for an awesome idea for a family activity! You can take us to a mini airshow any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment