Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you to the MANY of you who made my birthday awesome by calling (or reaching out in some fashion).  It seriously was such a great day (and I highly recommend requesting lots of phone calls if you want a great birthday!).  I owe a lot of people phone calls and have not forgotten.  My available time to talk on the phone is already limited by Leah and Dallin (sometimes I can be on the phone with the them around, most of the time it doesn't work so well), but on top of that it has been an insane week to say the least. To explain in one long run-on sentence: 

My birthday was last Thursday, we had a small birthday party on Friday with friends from our old singles ward (who are now all married or dating someone), a major storm blew in that night and took all our power with it, leaving us to scorch in the intense heat for the next couple days (and creating a lot of complications as far as getting sleep at night) so that we got all sweaty and gross but couldn't take a comfortable shower (you'd think a cold shower would feel good when you're so hot, but not when it gets to near freezing temperatures!), my parents flew in Saturday night and stayed for four nights at a hotel without power (luckily they had AC and a generator provided enough electricity for lamp light, but they had no hot water, no television and no ability to charge any devices - not to mention that any time they wanted to get in their room, the hotel manager on duty had to walk with them up to their room to let them in since the electronic key locks weren't functioning), we had our anniversary on Tuesday and then celebrated Leah and Dallin's birthdays on July 4th along with all the other patriotic festivities, and then my parents flew home this morning (after getting power back to their hotel yesterday - finally!).

So...it's been crazy.  BUT...I was super excited about all the phone calls and will call you back if you'll promise to be patient with me.  I am currently playing phone tag with one of my sisters, and as soon as we finally get in touch with each other, I will call YOU! Yes, you!!!! (that is, if you called me).  And for a few of you who said you wanted to call but didn't have my phone number, I'm pretty sure I have yours, so you can expect a phone call too!!!  Isn't this fun????

No comments:

Post a Comment