Friday, July 6, 2012

Sprayground

On my birthday, we went with my friend, Sharon, and her baby Kamden to visit a nearby "sprayground".  It was the perfect activity for a hot day, and Leah loved it...so did Kamden (until he found himself directly in the line of fire of two fairly strong fountains...pretty scary for a little one!).  Dallin took awhile to warm up to it, and even then he was still pretty cautious.
Can you feel her excitement?
Talking to Kamden
"Hey, Dallin, are you coming in?"

"I think I'll just hang out by this wall for awhile.  This is fun." 
"Or maybe I'll spend some time picking these weeds." 
"Yeah, this is definitely how I want to spend my time." 
Meanwhile, Leah fully enjoyed the real reason we came (which was not to pick weeds).
  

They turned the fountain off for awhile and Dallin ventured forward to investigate.
Then they came back, and he tested it for a moment...
...then high-tailed it out of there... 
...until he found the teeniest, tiniest fountain at the park.
If you get a magnifying glass and look closely, you might see the tiny spout of water coming out.  That's the fountain Dallin chose to spend the rest of his time playing with. 
"See Mom?  This fountain suits me just fine!"
These are the only pictures I have of me on my birthday.
Leah wasn't too interested in participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment