Wednesday, May 9, 2012

DC Temple

A couple Sundays ago, there was a talk given in Sacrament Meeting based on this talk by Sister Esplin from General Conference.  So when I woke up Monday morning and realized we had nothing planned that morning but definitely needed to get out of the house, I felt inspired to take Leah and Dallin to the Washington DC Temple Visitor's Center.  Aside from the fit Leah threw when it was time to get in the car to go back home, it was a wonderful experience for the three of us.

One of the first people we saw when we entered the visitor's center was a sister missionary currently serving in our ward.  Leah immediately ran up and gave her a hug.  The sister then gave Leah a little card with a picture of the Savior on it and then led us over to the statue of the Savior where we spent a few minutes.  Leah rarely will say "Jesus" (she's said it a few times on various occasions), but she can identify Him, and it was a beautiful experience for me to see Leah standing at the feet of Christ looking up into His face.  I am anxious to teach her and Dallin about their Savior and to give them every opportunity to come to know, love, and follow Him.

While in the Visitors' Center, we also watched this video:




After spending a few more minutes in the Visitors' Center, we headed out for a walk around the temple. 

"Are you coming, Mom?"

Dancing along the way

"Hurry up!"

This is where Dave proposed to me 3 years ago.



We took one of the "nature walk" paths behind the temple and discovered that once you start out on one, you're either in it for the long haul or you have to turn around and go back the way you came.  So we stuck with it for the long haul.  It turned out to be closer to a hike than walk, which made it difficult with a toddler and a stroller, but we made it!  Here's Leah sharing her "shishies" with Dallin along the way.  


Taking a break...she was quite the trooper

The "walk" ended with a very, very steep ascent - again, no small feat for the three of us, but it was a beautiful morning and a lovely walk, so I couldn't complain.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LEAH AND DALLIN!!! So cute. I SO want to hang out with you guys.. go on walks.. visit the temple.. have picnics.. play at museums.. you look like you have so much fun together! I'm sure it's not every day but the fact that you try and get out so often is a great example for me!
    ps I'm posting that 'I'm a child of God' video to my facebook wall. :)

    ReplyDelete