Thursday, May 10, 2012

Changing it up

After a couple years of deliberation, I finally got up the courage to make the switch.

Cloth diapers.



By the looks of things, Dallin's pretty happy with the change.



I'll let you know how it goes! (I think they're pretty stinkin' cute on him!)

Side note: moments after this picture was taken, he tried to scale the piano.  I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this one...he tries to do many things that he really shouldn't and he has multiple scrapes and bumps to prove it.


Leah's wearing them, too...I wish I had a video of the first time we put them on her.  For some reason it took her a little bit to walk normally again...she walked around like she'd been riding a horse all day.  I worried that they were uncomfortable for her, but she seems fine now...she must have just been getting used to the new feel.  

5 comments:

  1. Eeek! How do you like them? Don't you just love checking out your babies' bums now? I think my favorite colors are the sassy, mirror, & albert. So gender neutral and adorable. But, if I had a girl she'd totally be rocking the Dazzle color as well. (Did you just get the flips or any other kinds?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cloth diaper too! Although I've been taking a break bc new baby Grace's bum is too small for all my one sizes diapers. But they've worked great for Isaac. Way less blow-outs and way, way less diaper rashes, and not even as much extra work as I'd expected. Hope it goes well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - so far I only have flips, but I saw that you've tried out a couple other kinds as well. What kind have you liked best? And Alisha, what kind of diapers do you use? Do either of you have any advice/tips in terms of laundering/cleaning/cloth diapering in general???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad you decided to give them a try. I really like the pocket diapers now, but still like the Flips. The best detergent is Country Save. They look so cute in the diapers! We'll have to share tips as we both become cloth diaper pros :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are using these! I just had the conversation with someone last night how I was planning to use them some day. You have to keep us updated as to how things go. You are so brave! PS - Dallin is stinkin' cute in those photos!!

    ReplyDelete