Sunday, November 13, 2011

This little bug of mine...

Dallin is four months.  I think I'm supposed to say "I can't believe he's already 4 months!" but I feel like, "He's only just now turning 4 months??!"

For one thing, he's a big boy...we'll get his official stats on Thursday for his 4 month check-up, but he's quickly catching up to Leah in weight.  It's time to start looking for a new car seat for him because he'll have grown out of the Graco Snugride before too long.  He wears mostly 6-9 month clothes, but even some of those are getting kind of snug on him, so he wears some 12 month clothes (funny, because Leah also wears some 12 month clothes).  He also wears the same size diapers as Leah, which makes purchasing and carrying around diapers easy because I don't have to worry about two different sizes.

We love Dallin so much.  He's such a loveable little cutie and he LOVES to cuddle...if he could that's what he'd do all day.  Nothing makes him happier than kisses and hugs (really, it's adorable the way he grins in response to affection).  He has a HUGE open-mouth grin and he soaks up attention from anyone who will give it.  He's also very tolerant of love from Leah...she loves to lie on top of him and just hug, hug, hug him - it's never seemed to bother him so we let her do it.  

The two things he struggles with the most lately: car rides and naps - or any falling asleep process.  He DOES NOT like to ride in the car, especially if it's at night.  Sometimes he'll do okay during the day, but if you want to go somewhere at night, pretty much count on him crying the whole time.  Loudly.  Luckily, Leah has learned to completely ignore his wails in the car, so we're only dealing with one crying baby, not two.  I'm HOPING HOPING HOPING he grows out of this. Soon.  Leah had a little trouble around 2-4 months with car rides (particularly at night) but nothing like Dallin.  

As for the sleeping issue...I've spent quite awhile at this computer trying to figure out how to briefly describe the problems we're having with his sleeping, but can't succeed to my satisfaction, so let's just say I have tried a score of different strategies that have gotten me nowhere, and I'm feeling a little discouraged (and very, very, very tired).  I will say that he has been sleeping 11-12 hours at night for nearly a month now...let's just hope we can figure out his sleep during the day as well.  

(You may wonder why I'm so tired if he is giving me so much sleep at night...my best answer is two-fold: two babies under the age of two is very tiring when there are little to no breaks during the day, and because he is struggling so much with naps during the day, I get very, very little done and so I'm trying to squeeze things in after he goes to bed at night).

Once again, no "official" four month pictures, but here he is the morning he turned 4 months, relaxing on our bed after his breakfast.  I feel bad that he's so serious in all these pictures, because he's a very smiley little guy.  I'll make sure to get more happy shots some other time.  


We love you so much, Dal-pal!

4 comments:

  1. I can so relate to those nap woes. Neither one of my kids took good naps at that age. I don't have any good advice because I don't know what changed but eventually they grew out of it and started sleeping better during the day. Even with nappers I want to stay up late just to get some alone time in after they go to bed so I can completely understand why that is so exhausting. I hope he turns a corner soon. What a cute boy. And I can't believe he and Leah wear the same size diapers! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVe it is so encouraging to hear that your kids didn't nap well at this age and grew out of it. I couldn't have gotten a better comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this guy next week! He has gotten so big. Love the pictures, especially the first one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so never need to explain why you're tired. In my opinion, no amount of sleep is enough when you have two babies! I'm sorry about the naps. Our Meri did the opposite. Slept fine during the day and hardly at all by night, with her sister only 18 months older. You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete