Monday, October 17, 2011

Ward Halloween Party

These are all going to be in reverse order (just FYI).
  This weekend was our Ward Halloween Party (we had to do it early because of other scheduling conflicts with using the building and Stake Conference).  We wanted to dress up in a family theme, but nothing was working out (unless we wanted to fork over more money than we were willing to), so we paired up.  Dallin was a lion and Dave was a lion tamer, Leah was a bee and I was a flower (a pretty lame one too...I made the headpiece myself and in quite the hurry...it served its purpose).

There were quite a few cute little babies dressed up (different babies arrived for the picture at varying times, so we had to take a few pictures...neither Dallin nor Leah posed very well in any of them).



Leah wasn't feeling very well that night (she had a slight fever) and sat on my lap most of the night (VERY un-Leah-like), but she really perked up when she found this broom...she immediately got to work sweeping the floor!

Lion tamer and little lion

(Dave's not taming this lion very well...Dallin's struggled going to sleep the last few nights...though I confess that once he's fallen asleep he's given me 9-10 straight hours without waking up, which I really appreciate!  I just wish he wouldn't wear me out so much just before that sleep)

Here's my girl!  You can tell she's not feeling great...


I just had to add him in...isn't that the cutest little Frankenstein?!?!
A few pictures before we left for the party:
(she has a hat for the costume, but she wouldn't keep it on...and it's designed poorly so it wouldn't stay on anyway even if she left it alone)









3 comments:

  1. Darling! They are both just adorable! I love how Halloween starts out more for adults, as we get such kicks out of dressing up babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love Love Love!!! Can she wear her costume for Thanksgiving dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention I love these pictures? Where can I get a costume like Leah's in my size? :)

    ReplyDelete