Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CA Wedding

I was SO grateful to be able to work out going to CA for my niece, Claire's wedding.  It took quite a bit of organization ( Dave couldn't take off work and I knew I couldn't take both kiddos across the country by myself) but we were able to work it out that Leah would have a babysitter all day Friday and then she'd be with Dave Saturday and Sunday...and I was home by Sunday night.  

Anyway, it was a long way to go for a short weekend, but it was SO worth it to be with my family - and, of course, to be there for my niece's wedding!

With four of my oldest nieces: Claire (whose wedding we were gathered for), Shea, Sara and Erin.  I grew up playing with these girls and I love them so much!
Outside the temple:
My brother, Christopher, and his daughter Rebekah - she's the closest cousin in age to Leah and Dallin (though Leah has a cousin once removed that is just 3 months older than her - and she'll be just like a regular cousin to her)

Speaking of, here's the aforementioned cousin-once-removed, Emma! (with her mom, Erin)

So cute! Leah loved being with Emma when we were traveling in Israel together - seeing Emma again made me wish Leah could have come to CA too

Two nephews: Mitchel and Spencer

My nephew, Benson, kept asking my sister to take his picture...and then he'd look at her with such a sullen face while she took it.

Dallin with his Aunt Claudia


Clay and Kristi

Mom and Dad with three beautiful nieces: Erin, Melissa and Madelynne (all sisters)

Clay and his youngest son, Ethan

The happy couple with the family of the bride

And now with the family of the groom...

Riding in style (Dave asked that I be sure to get a picture of Dallin in this car)


So happy!  (btw Dallin was a champion traveler...really, he was amazing)


The pre-reception reception (what do you call that part again? cocktails?)

With the bride and groom (Dallin looks a little extra chubby here)

My favorite part of the decorations - these chandeliers were amazing with all those flowers on them!



I was grateful for help from my nieces and others at my table during dinner...Dallin didn't want to stay sitting down for very long periods of time

The wedding dinner (deeeeelicious!)
It was a beautiful wedding and reception...one of the cutest parts was when the bride and groom was announced to enter the reception dinner...they played the wedding music theme song from Father of the Bride, and their entrance somehow reminded me of a Disney prince and princess entering the room.

I loved all the time I got to spend with my family while I was at home.  It was SO hard to say good-bye to everyone (I may have broken down crying during the reception because I didn't want to have to say good-bye so soon - I miss my family so much).
Spending time together at home

Dallin getting a few more zzz's in before we had to catch our ride to the airport.  My dad said that bed never looked so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment