Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3 months

Last week, Dallin turned 3 months old.  He continues to be such a cuddly little boy.  The best word to describe him is sweet.  He's becoming more and more interactive and it is so completely rewarding to look at him and have him give you the biggest wide-mouth grin.  


He's a big boy and continues to grow super fast...I weighed him on our at-home scale this morning and he came in at 17.5 pounds!  Because our scale isn't the most accurate, I'd give or take about a half a pound, but still!  At this rate he'll catch up to Leah!

Leah continues to love her brother as well - especially now that she sees him interacting more with her and giving her those huge adorable grins.  She kisses and hugs him all the time and talks to him in her cute little baby voice.  He's the first person she looks for in the morning - she dashes out of her room and goes straight to his bassinet (now crib, since we moved him - see below).  We're trying to teach her about being quiet when he's sleeping - she's KIND OF starting to catch on.  Sort of.
 Three nights ago we decided to take the plunge and put him in his own room.  I'd been hesitant before because he's gone through phases where he's cried quite a bit at night before going to bed and it's woken Leah up.  I didn't want to make it worse by having him right next door to her, but he hadn't cried the last couple weeks, so I wanted to try it.  Also, on top of the crying, his night sleeping had seemed to be a lot worse the last couple weeks - he'd been waking up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to eat again - like a newborn! But again, I wanted him in the other room (all his night noises wake me up a lot).  Anyway, the first night we put him down to bed at 8:30...imagine my surprise when I woke up at 5 am and still hadn't heard from him!  Dave went in to make sure he was still breathing (which he was).  He didn't end up eating until 6 and then went back to sleep for 3 more hours.  The next night he only got up once to eat at 4 am and last night he went clear until 7 am before eating (and then slept for two more hours).  I don't know if he just happened to sleep more solidly at the same time we moved him, or if he's still waking up but falling back asleep instead of me getting him out of bed and feeding him, or what.  Or maybe it's all just a temporary fluke (I'm learning to not count on much with babies).  Whatever the case...I sure am grateful for nights of pretty great sleep.  So thank you, Dallin.



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy. I'm so glad he is sleeping for you!! That makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! Victory! A full night's sleep! Is there much that feels better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear Leah's "baby talk"! I love the picture of Dallin on his tummy with the big sideways grin...looks like something Dave would do in a picture :)

    ReplyDelete