Monday, April 2, 2012

Taking matters into his own hands

We've been sick all weekend.  And most of last week.  I think the most trying part about being sick is the crankiness that accompanies it...particularly if you're 1 and a half (not to name any names).  So today at lunch I was busy dealing with one child's crankiness while the other one got tired of waiting for me so he could eat.  I was so caught up with the first child's situation that it took me awhile to finally notice this:
And you know what my response was? 

Certainly not, "Oh no, we need to clean up that mess."


Nope, it was more like, "Oh good, he can feed himself and I can deal with [insert name of cranky child here]."

So I left him like that. 

I let him eat his entire lunch on his own while I dealt with my "other situation".




And he loved it.


Once again, please don't judge me as a mother.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love it! And it looks like he ate it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Survival mode! I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's so awesome. Totally made me smile. Now I have to stop slacking looking at blogs and feed my kids. Wish they'd feed themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's learning good life skills. I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete